Wednesday, August 15, 2012

David Cooper: Blue Jays Kingpin

So the other day I made a bit of a flip post about David Cooper being the next John Olerud.

I am now officially standing behind that.

For two reasons.

Firstly - Apparently I can't figure out how to get fan graphs to work. But I know my fucking statistics dammit.  Uhh... this chart below shows that at age 25 Cooper has a similar batting average to John Olerud...


Olerud was the king of hitting for average. (yeah, my chart is weak, but it's getting late and I just want to compare Cooper to Daredevil/Ben Affleck).

At the end of the day, I'm getting a 100% Olerudian vibe from Cooper.


It's that whole "hold on... this dude is our 1st baseman? But he's so... so... boring. No, no... I understand, he might be good, but..." thing he projects.

And before you know it Cooper will flirt with .400 (albeit it'll be in Cincinnati once AA trades him for a C-list reliever) and he'll kick everyone's disbelieving ass back to 1992.

Secondly - The man's chin is epic. When the movie Daredevil was released back in 2003, people complained that Ben Affleck's chin was too epic to play the titular hero.

All I have to say is, they obviously haven't hung with Mr. Cooper.


David Cooper, until you lose the chin and/or are traded to a NL team for a struggling reliever who will only struggle more in the AL East, I salute you.

And your Affleckian-Chin.

And the offensive sparkplugization you've brought to the Jays.

No comments:

Post a Comment